Welcome

Welcome to my Hair Blog..

I created this blog to help me stay motivated on my journey and provide informative articles, videos, reviews for others going through their journey; whether you are a Newbie, like me or a Pro you may find the information helpful. I am planning on showing my journey from start to maintenance. I’ll share my shameful mistakes, my biggest failures and my graceful success.

Good luck to all and enjoy

Teeara

Monday, October 18, 2010

Where do i begin...

I have been a member of Hairlista.com for about 3 going 4 months and you know what? I’m still a newbie! During those 3-4 months I decided to get a sew in weave as my protective style and what happened? as the days went by I started neglecting my real hair more and more, till I finally decided to just take out the weave (two weeks ago) and vowed to never put in a weave again (personal decision)!
So what I needed to do was get my hair groove back; so I went back to Hairlista and watched a crap load of videos, subscribed to the ones I thought I related the most to in terms of hair type and made friends with Hairlista in my area and those who truly impressed me ( shout out to The Mrs).
After stumbling across a video by The Mrs which she calls her rant to the newbies lol (more like a much needed lecture), something hit me. In her video she states that we newbies have a tendency to go find videos of people with long beautiful hair write down their products and reg and go on a shopping spree, we don't realize that this may not be the same reg they started with to get that length. That was only one of our biggest mistakes! So that got me thinking maybe I should look at see someone’s journey from start to goal. But I didn't find any I found lots of pictures of hair growth but it wasn't the kind of info I was looking for-- which leads me to this blog.
I am planning on showing my journey from start to maintenance. In the beginning I will show my current products, regimen, my research, goals and current state. Though I have never made a video in my life (camera shy) I will do my best to at least have a video a month even if it’s just an update. These are The Shameful Diaries of a Hairlista Newbie; I’ll share my shameful mistakes, my biggest failures and my graceful success. I figured if I make my journey more public it will be harder to fall off track right? I also hope that others learn from my mistakes or even offer advice! Good luck to all, and subscribe to see where I end up!
Happy Hair Growing and welcome to my hair journey!!!!
p.s I’ll ask The Mrs if I can post her video on the blog.




**update**


link to the video


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKluGPk6isQ&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment